August 21, 2011

Coconut Basil Cookies


I always enjoy going to the Central Market for many reasons but my favorite one is to try what new Gelato flavor they have available.
 I was completely delighted and thrilled with the coconut basil flavor. 
After craving for more a couple of days later, I decided to start mixing and trying to get the best cookie version of the delicious gelato. Today I am very pleased with the final concoction and very happy  to share my recipe with you.


 Once you have all the ingredients start mixing the coconut with the basil leaves in the food processor until shredded and well blended. Set aside.



 Mix the butter and sugar, add the egg, almond extract and coconut milk. Then add the flour & baking soda and mix well. Blend in the coconut mixed with the basil. The mix should be sticky. Refrigerate for 25 minutes. Preheat the oven at  350゜and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.



Drop tablespoons of the mix on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.


Let the cookies cool down & enjoy!




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1stick)
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 6 tablespoons of sugar in the raw (I used Turbinado)
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
  • 1 1/2 + 2 tablespoons of self rising flour (I used Gold Medal)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut (I used Baker's sweetened Angel flake coconut)
  • 1 tablespoon fresh basil (three big leaves approximately)
For More Recipes Visit: Scrumptious-Moments

2 comments:

Stephanie Clayton said...

ooooh, i'm happy to see this! will try it very soon. wouldn't it be delicious with homemade coconut ice cream...!
xo

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Two of my favorite things in one delicious cookie? YUM!

Green Beauty

Almost two decades ago I decided to change my diet and convert to vegetarian and later on to vegan. Getting educated on vegetarianism and ...