August 11, 2011

Carrot Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies


It is not easy to keep my cookie jar full when I make this delicious recipe. Flavorful cookies and on the healthy side ; )



Cream butter and sugar together, beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg and water, mix well. Now add the salt, baking soda and flour, mix slowly to combine. Add the carrots oats and chocolate chips mix until well incorporated. Preheat the oven at 350゜Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liner. With a tablespoon scoop spoonfuls of the dough and place on lined baking sheet. 

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool. Enjoy! 



Ingredients:

  • 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Self Rising Flour ( I used Gold Medal)
  • 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1/2 Teaspoon baking Soda
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
  • !/2 Teaspoon Allspice
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
  • 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
  • 6 Tablespoons Sugar In The Raw ( I used Turbinado)
  • 6 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Water
  • 1 cup Oats ( I used Old Fashioned Quaker Oats)
  • 1 Cup Grated Carrots 
  • 8 oz. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips ( for a healthier version substitute with raisins) 

1 comment:

this free bird said...

these sound awesome!! i'm totally in the mood for carrot cake and think my baking hat might be coming out this weekend...

Green Beauty

Almost two decades ago I decided to change my diet and convert to vegetarian and later on to vegan. Getting educated on vegetarianism and ...